Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TSgt. Robert Lowell "Bud" Hall, USMC, 1st Division

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Remembering Our Veterans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: TSgt. Robert Lowell "Bud" Hall, USMC, 1st Division Reply with quote

This is from an email I received, appears legit, please contact gentleman at email address listed below if you have any information. Trey
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Marine Searching for Father's Guadalcanal Diary

SEARCH FOR A GUADALCANAL DIARY
June 4, 2005

Greetings,

I am attempting to locate my fathers Guadalcanal Diary, loaned to an unknown person for their research.

Approximately 10 years ago (+) my father, TSgt. Robert Lowell "Bud" Hall, USMC, 1st Division 1st Amtracs, responded to an "advertisement" in a publication he believes was “Guadalcanal Echo's” or a similar publication.

The advertisement asked for diaries and other personal accounts, and said they were researching and writing about the action on Guadalcanal.

My father accommodated the person with a small red diary, loaning it to them with their promise to return it to him. It was never returned.

I have known of this for some time and have just now decided to sit down (with this wonderful tool the internet) to see if I might locate my fathers diary and get it back to him before he joins his lost and departed comrades. My father’s active service, 1941 to 1945 to the Corps and Country was short but his true service as a Marine has continued his 85 years with participation in the 1st Marine Division Association and close affiliation with his living Marines. Truly a Marine of the “Old Breed”.

I realize this might be like finding a needle in a haystack - but after 32 years in the Corps myself, I also realize that nothing is impossible.

Thank you very much in advance for any anticipated help or information you may be able to assist me with.

Semper Fidelis,

Jim Hall

MGSgt Ret

Please respond to jimhall9@surewest.net
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Remembering Our Veterans All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: