Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Verification of SN and Series 1 Nagoya Nambu Type 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artyldr01

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Verification of SN and Series 1 Nagoya Nambu Type 14 Reply with quote

Good Evening,

I am very new to Japanese weapons and am on the search for a Type 14. My personal favorite is the Nagoya Nambu factory. I am looking at a Series 1 that has a 17.12 date and a serial number in the 11,xxx range. If I am understanding the information on the production data on the Nambu World page, that seems inconsistent. Can anyone confirm that the SN and Series number and date is correct or acceptable?

Thank you!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: nambu Reply with quote

Yes, that should be about right, what is your question about inconsistency?
artyldr01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought a 11,xxx serial number in December was odd, but as I admit, I just started researching these weapons.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: nambu Reply with quote

That was just the starting point for the first series for that arsenal, they'd already produced bunches at Nagoya, Tokyo, Kokura, KokuBunji, and then they got in to the series guns late in the game... The series mark was to indicate 1, in 100,000 so serial 100011 could be represented with first series mark serial and 11, instead of the extra digits. They did the same thing with rifles, a little earlier...
artyldr01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotch ya. Thanks for the clarification!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: