Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toko Magnascope-4 - Looking for Info!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NilesTitus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Toko Magnascope-4 - Looking for Info! Reply with quote

Hello everyone! New member of the group. My boss brought it a couple older guns for me to look at and do some research on. He mentioned the one gun had a scope on it that he bought it Japan in the 50's when he was there in the service. I can't seem to find any info out there about them, but I found your site so I thought I would give it a shot!

Does this scope look familiar? Anyone have any info they can share?

Thanks!

gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: scope Reply with quote

I don't have good info, but a number of the war era companies continued to produce sporting optics after the war. maybe some of the sniper guys can comment with more info. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. thanks for posting.
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Scope Reply with quote

Does the scope have a logo on it anywhere?

Frank

(386) 445-4225
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: TOKO Triangle Reply with quote

It has a triangle within the Toko..

Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Tokyo Opticals Scope Reply with quote

The logo is clearly that of “Tokyo Optical” - Tokyo Optical Machinery Co., Ltd. (Tokyo Kogaku Kikai KK, 東京光学機械株式会社) – This manufacturer was located at 180 Shimura Honhasunuma Town, Itabashi Ward, Tokyo. They supplied many sniper rifle scopes before and during the war. I am very surprised to see that they continued to provide scopes after the war. We learn something new every day!

Frank

(386) 445-4225
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: