Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last MOH Winner Hershel Woody Williams-Memphis June 26th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Last MOH Winner Hershel Woody Williams-Memphis June 26th Reply with quote

Listen & Learn from Hershel Woody Williams how "The Cause is Greater than I..." Hosted by The University of Memphis

click here for more information You must register to attend.

Come and listen to Medal of Honor recipient Woody Williams. Woody is one of 67 living recipients of the Medal of Honor and the last living recipient from the WWII. During the Battle of Iwo Jima, in the face of powerful enemy resistance, Marine Cpl. Hershel "Woody" Williams displayed “valiant devotion to duty” and service above self as he “enabled his company to reach its objective”. His actions, commitment to his fellow service members, and heroism were recognized on October 5, 1945, when he received the Congressional Medal of Honor. But his service to his country, and his gallantry, did not end there.

Hear from the 97-year-old Williams, the last surviving Medal of Honor recipient from World War II, about his continuing efforts to support Gold Star families.

"The Cause is Greater than I..." -Woody Williams

Visit www.WoodyWilliams.org to learn more about Woody.

click here for more information You must register to attend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: