Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type 92 Japanese Machine Gun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buellmeister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Type 92 Japanese Machine Gun Reply with quote

Guys, Just had a buddy's father bring down a Japanese Type 92 machine gun to show me. (demilled of course.) All Maker marked receiver cover and under the ammo drum. My question is what would one put as a value on such a piece of History? It looks like it was attached to the back of an aircraft and the only thing missing is the top parts of the two sights. thank you for your interest.

Cheers,

Joel
garnettstancil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Type 92 Demill Reply with quote

Can you post a picture? thanks.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: 92 hmg Reply with quote

Send me some pictures and I'll post them for you. I've seen various dewats go for $200-$2000 depending what the item and whether they were registered dewats. Trey
buellmeister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I'll touch base with him and get some pics for you. Thanks for your interest.

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, havent forgot to supply pictures. Still trying to get my customer to bring it down again. Not the easiest thing to do. It looks as though it was mounted in the back of a plane. It 's missing the screw in sights and it seems to have been connected to a bracket of some sort. Looks just like the Lewis gun and the original leather handle in the back is for one hand with the other hand on a conventional looking trigger. Sorry to delay but will get photos as sson as I can.

Cheers,

Joel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: