Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

questions about old Blood residue On a bayonet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: questions about old Blood residue On a bayonet Reply with quote

I was wondering if you had a used japanese battlefield tested bayonet with old blood residue still on it if the bayonet would recieve a premium. Also a possible Dna test would authenticate the blood residue and possibly build a big story to be attached to the bayonet.

Me personally i would be curious to know if a japanese or americans blood is on that knife? Im curious if dna labs can do that? Probally expensive? So i would think a bayonet like this might would be very interesting and probaly valueable.

Im not sure though if blood on bayonets is a common thing just don't know.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: bayonet Reply with quote

I wouldn't bet on it being blood residue. Just too messy to worry with trying to return to the states. Just my 2% of that dollar though. Trey
Mike Rockhill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also severly doubt it is blood. blood is highly corrosive on carbon steel, and would have pitted the blade. this doesn't mean pitted bayonets are "killers" either, they are most likely uncared for post war (i.e. left outside for weeks on end, used by kids to hack through the woods) or picked up long after the battle is over by some REMF. Besides that in the pursuit of staying relatively free of flies, no one in their right mind would tote around a bayonet doused in gore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: