Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smith & Wesson Straight Line .22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Other Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Smith & Wesson Straight Line .22 Reply with quote

Got a chance to compare two Smith & Wesson Straight Line .22 single shot pistols. Most notable difference, (other than condition) was the the front and rear sights are different.

oopy38

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: S&W Straight Line Reply with quote

The front sight blades were different in that the early gun (sn 3xx) had a flat blade and the later one (sn 15xx)had a bead type front and the rear had rounded edges as opposed to sharp edges on the early one. A gentleman was kind enough to let us photograph his, which is for sale for $1k. These guns are rare. I had never seen one until about two shows ago when I purchased mine. There was another at this show in the case, as new, also. So, I have seen a total of 3 in my 72 years and all 3 were there today at the AGCA show.
type-14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I only saw the two (both in cases) and your's looked great. First I had ever seen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Other Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: