Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paper money

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kavan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Paper money Reply with quote

Is there any value in Japanese or Philippine post war paper money?

Does anyone collect these items ?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: money Reply with quote

some can be valuable, unfortunately none that I ever find, that I can tell. Defuc and Seinen have dabbled in currency, they should be along in a bit to comment. Trey
type-14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Rampage19 and I also collect and trade it back and forth. There is a bit that has some value but for the most part not a value in it. What do you have?
DEFUC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of the uncommon notes can run quite high,scarce issue puppet notes etc, A quick picture of which notes you have is the best way to find out.
DEFUC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

post made me dig out some of my collection,been a while since I added anything.still really need the 100 and 1000 roepiah notes from pemerintah dai nippon (those suckers are hard to find) and the 1944ish nederlands east indies along with a 1944ish burma,the Ba-Maw era 10 kyat peacock .all of them are available periodically but I cant justify the $25-75 for the roepiah let alone the $500-? for the other couple. I like the phillipine guerilla stuff too.its cool,lots of variation and cheap ..If one of you guys has a spare 20 cent japanese issue occupied malaysia coin you want to give me,ILL take it,with many thanks.
Kavan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. One of my Uncles was with the 41st Div in the pacific and passed down his scrap book from the war and Japanese occupation. I checked on e-bay and found many similar items of Japanese government money issued in the Philippines, some basic Japanese notes, no yellow dragons or anything fancy. Most is listed at about $ 4 or less.

Some nice original brownie black and white photos of the destruction in Hiroshima, December 1945.
type-14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of good web sites that show Japanese Invasion Money (JIM). The one I like best is http://www.atsnotes.com/catalog/banknotes/topic-jim.html

Another one that you can find values on from time to time is http://www.joelscoins.com/wwii.htm

Hope this is helpful
DEFUC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a section on JIM in "WWII remembered,a history in our hands" which is still available from amazon I think, and there was a neat pamplet published on it long ago, which I think is on the net, just search Japanese invasion currency,(JIM)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: