Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CASC Show Montgomery AL June 19-20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: CASC Show Montgomery AL June 19-20 Reply with quote

I'll be at the Central Alabama Collectors and Shooters show this weekend in Montgomery Alabama at the Civic Center. As usual, I'll be there with something Japanese, stop by and say hi! Trey
lolo25643

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy Trey, I stopped by on Saturday and saw your display. It was very well laid out and interesting. Roy from Mississippi told me that you would be there and would have some good stuff. I'm on the search now for a rifle or two but I'm going to wait and find something nice for my collection. I had to restrain a little at the show from buying something but hopefully next time I'll have a little more knowledge of these fine rifles.

Anyway it was good to meet you and your Father and just say hello. Looking forward to more shows down the road. Wink
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: CASC show Reply with quote

Lolo, nice meeting you and enjoyed our chat. Look forward to seeing you again, happy collecting. Trey
dutch mosin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about Japanese rifles Trey, but I hope to gather some info here.
Wish I could have been at the show and see those rifles with my own eyes.
Well, since this is, most likely, not going to happen, so I'll stick to the forums . Rolling Eyes
I'll be visiting more often.
Sites looking good.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Martin
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

A big southern Welcome to you Martin! Its not a 'high traffic' forum, and not really fancy, but it gives me something to do, and a place for people to ask questions. Its all about the history anyway. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: CASC Display Pictures Reply with quote

Here's a few pictures of the display. Its a small show, with no display awards, so I just carried a few pistols and rifles.

The rifles from left to right are:
Mukden 6th Series Type 38 Carbine
Nagoya 2nd Series Type 44 Carbine with 3rd Variation Bayonet Housing
Kokura 1st Series Type 97 Sniper Rifle
Kokura 22nd Series Type 99 Short Rifle
Nagoya Type 2 Paratroop Rifle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: