Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japan at War: Uniforms, Weapons, Equipment and Ephemera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Reference Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arditi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Japan at War: Uniforms, Weapons, Equipment and Ephemera Reply with quote

Hi,
I hope it is ok to advertise this book here. If not I can delete it. Let me know if I need to. Here we go. This may be the last 30 editions to be sold and printed. We'll see how it goes this time around. I will handle the volumes myself this time(to send off) and not the publisher. My buddy in North Carolina(03Man) has been able to get with another printer and as a result I will be able to offer the Japanese sets(2 volumes) at a substantially reduced cost than earlier. To keep the cost down I have to buy 30 sets from the new printer. That means the cost to each buyer will be $136.00 per set and $11.00 dollars shipping at "flat rate" from the post office. So, a total of $147.00 within the United States for two volumes of nearly 700 pages of full color of combat items to include: weapons(pistols and rifles), personal items, uniforms, swords, grenades, machine-guns, headgear, flags, omamori, equipment, ephemera, wartime stories, the early post-war and wartime collector, relic items, wartime photos, Japanese diary, propaganda artwork, etc. A multitude of serious collectors gave of their time and collections to contribute items from their outstanding collections. Gunnar and I gave a full year of our lives to work evenings, after work, and weekends on these volumes. It was worth it, in my mind, due to the kind words we have received on this labor of love.
If interested, I will need at least 20 of the sets paid for, with US Postal Money Orders to me, before I have them printed...I will pay for the remaining 10 sets. If interested, I would need a money order and have a line dropped to me at arditi@suddenlink.net to let me know you are sending payment and you are interested.
The earlier volumes sold out very quickly at a higher price and I think/hope these current volumes sell quickly as well. The quality will be outstanding as Don had them print my Italian Militaria book. There will be no signed bookplate(signed by both authors) or book-marks this time, but I will sign the copies I will receive if any are interested. Again, I need at least 20 money orders before I have them printed and I will cover the other 10 sets for a total of a 30 set print run. Check out the reviews.
In Friendly Scholarship, Russ
Arditi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening Gents,
Don has indicated he has told the printer to begin making the Japanese books and says they may be finished at the beginning of February sometime. 30 sets are being printed. Roughly, half are spoken for with the other half available for purchase. Contact Don(donvoigt@hotmail.com) and he'll let you know what is available(thank you Don ). Thanks to all for your patience with this and the delay in this third printing. I think you'll enjoy the product.
Best to all, Russ
Arditi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents,
There are 6 sets left out of 30. Email Don at donvoigt@hotmail.com if you want one of the remaining sets.
Best to All, Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Reference Books All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: