Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Trainer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Naval Trainer Reply with quote

Posting this for caplock,

Hi all, Just getting around to completing some data sheets for some 38 and 99 types.
I have one of two training rifles I would love to hear some comments on.
This one, # 1465/ 440 has the characteristics of a type 99. In Place of the Mum it has what looks like an anchor. The rifle is the same overall length as my type 38’s, and about 6 inches longer than the type 99’s I have. Has a cast receiver and rear tang as one piece. Trigger guard assembly is one cast piece and is perhaps blackened aluminum ( nonmagnetic material). It is a smooth bore, +/- 6.5 mm. Front sight notch is on the bottom of the barrel as opposed to the top of the barrel as found on military issue. One piece stock, with exception of small toe piece at bottom of stock. Kanji markings on each side of stock. Translation unknown. Love to hear your comments.
Caplock

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: trainer Reply with quote

Caplock, its a 99 long style Naval Trainer. The kanji in the circle is for education, usually the kanji in the rectangle is a school. Did you fill out a sheet for Chip (Seinen)? He'll probably drop in and fill us in on the particulars. Trey
seinen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey,

Thanks for posting these Naval trainer photos. Looking forward to getting the data sheets as you have time.

The circled kanji stock brand does indeed translate "education", but the kanji in the rectangular brand reads "loading of live ammunition is prohibited."

C/
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: blah Reply with quote

Chip, thanks, I'd forgotten about that one...Caplock should be filling out sheets for you. Trey
seinen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ID sheets received. Thanks caplock.

C/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: