Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T38 magazine feed problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daboone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: T38 magazine feed problem Reply with quote

The problem: no mater the number of 6.50x50 cartridges (1 or 5) the feed into chamber is bumpy at best to more typically a jam with some of the case brass scratched at the base of the heck.
I've replaced both the follower and the spring with no improvement.

This rifle has matching parts where # were available, bolt, stock, etc, with 90% bluing.

Before heading to a smith any suggestion would be welcome.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: box Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to tell you, make sure the mag box is aligned/seated properly with the action and the trigger guard housing. Trey
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: feed issues T-38 Reply with quote

Maybe it has been converted to another caliber??? I have never encountered this problem on a type 38 rifle in good condition.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
daboone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, thank you for your responses. As a result of them I got the schematic for T38 from Numrich and found the magazine box was missing. DUD! Rolling Eyes Now to find a replacement!
Thank You for input!
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Magazine box Reply with quote

You can try to get one from Steve Schaefer - stschaefer@bellsouth.net

Frank

(386) 445-4225
daboone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll save the address, thank you.

I found the mag well at Numrich for $8.00. I got lucky because today it was free shipping if I ordered it online!

I've been shooting this rifle single shot. Had to drift the front sight to the right. I hope after drifting it stays in place. It seems to be holding for now as I'm satisfied with the groups 3in, 5 shot groups at 100 yds that I've been getting.

Are you the person who collect the identification forms for the Type 38? what happens with this data?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: