Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(5) Argentine 1898-09 conectutive numbers, Mint!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: (5) Argentine 1898-09 conectutive numbers, Mint! Reply with quote

For Sale (5) 1898-09 Argentine Mausers consectutive serial numbers, matching, including rod and muzzle covers. $6000 as a set + shipping TBA...
Rifle 1

oopy38

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Mausers Reply with quote

These guns were made around November 1918.
vonmazur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: NOT! Reply with quote

All if the guns from this contract were delivered before WW 1 started. (1914)

Colin Webster's Book on Argentine Mausers lists the dates of completion and delivery to Argentina....

Dale
oopy38

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: 1898 Mauser Reply with quote

I purchased one rifle from this group of imports years ago. Mine had the test target with the rifle and it was dated November 18, 1918. Looks like Mauser did not know the Armistice was in effect. Dale, thanks for your info.
vonmazur

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Argentine 1909 Rifle dates of production... Reply with quote

A 3000 to K 4999 made and delivered to Argentina in 1910. There were 11 shipments of Rifles in 1910 from Germany to Argentina. I cannot say why your target is dated 1918, but I do have the records in Colin Webster's book, listing the dates of the contracts and the dates of delivery for the entire Modelo 1909 Rifle production.

M 6999 thru P 9999 were the last ones made in Germany, delivered in 1912...

Ref: "Argentine Mauser Rifles" page 178...

Dale
oopy38

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Target Date Reply with quote

The target was old so I could have very well misread the date.
vonmazur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: German handwriting Reply with quote

Greetings: I have had to take hours to interpret some German handwritten documents on occasion, their 3's look like 8's, etc....not a big deal, just that I happened to have the book handy!! Makes me look like a real expert without using the net!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: