Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese engineers visiting.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heckinohio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Japanese engineers visiting....... Reply with quote

These guys are from Toyotas home base. There is a biggy engine/transmission plant nearby. The local guy they work with installing new robotics is a fellow MG owner/shooter. We are going to entertain them at a local shooting range. He is taking a Maxim & some rimfire & center fire rifles. I am taking two Type 99 LMGs. I have no idea what they know about WW 2 stuff...........I am also going to take a Non-Com sword & a Nambu pistol/holster for them to dress up & take pictures of each other.

I have three T-99 rifles. I personally dislike the steel butt plate recoil punishment & have never shot any of the three. The reloads I have for the T-99 MG are at the top of the loading scale..........that is near the bottom of the 30-06 scale for Garand, so I can use the same powder & charge dispenser with out changing anything. I am using Brit. .303 bullets (.310-.312) from duds & I have several thousand HE & AP pulls. I have a note that the std. ball bullet weighs 170gr.

Any cause to be concerned about shooting these in a T-99 rifle??? Or should I limit rifles to photos??

PJH
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: shooting Reply with quote

The Japanese Nationals that come shoot with us are interested in shooting just about anything that would go 'bang'. Especially anything Japanese.
I asked a couple reloaders to drop by and comment on the ammo.
I think the 99 short rifle action was 2nd only to the 38 action in PO Ackley's blow up tests.
Click here for the post...

Here is Terry san firing an original Liberator pistol, even after being warned that it had been fired over 50 times already by the current owner...

Be safe and Have fun! Be sure to share the pictures! Trey

DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd shoot it in a t-99 MG then it should run fine thru the 99 rifle, it may be a bit punishing,and if its near high end,I doubt you can hit a bull in the arse with it,metford rifleing doesnt stablise hot loads well.The action can handle anything you throw at it,that youd run in the MG,if your comfortable with it pounding your MG internals,its likely not too heavy,and sounds like you do enough loading to recognise signs of excess pressure on your cases before it becomes an issue. For accurate shooting,instead of close in plinking/blazing you need to back the loads off a bit and then fine tune for each rifle,flat bases work best,but since your using salvaged bullets its not a issue at all, and a lot of us use (or did till the price jumped) pulled russian bullets, I have used pulled .303 when I had access to a pile of surplus ammo and it worked great. I found a loading short cut with the russian ammo,but Trey will chastise me severly if I mention any short cuts reloading on his site Evil or Very Mad have fun with your shooting...theres a couple guys with T-99 Mg's that hang out here so they'll likely comment on reloading for them and the rifles too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: