Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Series 26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketoujin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: New Series 26 Reply with quote

Hi,

Haven't posted here in quite awhile. Thought I'd show pics of my new Series 26 I got about two months back.

Best,

Gunnar

[/img]

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss - The Who, 1971.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

nice! do you have indentions of screw heads in you upper hand guard? A lot of 26th series Kokuras have them. I suspect they were used in some sort of training device...
ketoujin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trey,

No, I can find no screw head impressions in the area you specified. The numbers on mine place my piece anywhere from 25,000 - 30,000 guns above the range of 26's with screw-head impressions as referenced in the Allen book but then you've likely seen examples with evidence of sub-caliber use outside that range too.

Next to post will be my series 30.

Best,

Gunnar

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss - The Who, 1971.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: