Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMCA Displays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: AMCA Displays Reply with quote

The AMCA show was this weekend, a good growing show. Here are some of the sights of the show....

Got to spend time with the 'White Folks', and my Dad, saw Alsaka, the ItalianIndian, Big Tim from Tennessee and a few others, good times. Favorite comment of the weekend was from a young lady named 'Alice' sitting behind us - "I want to go and get Mr. 'Hoot' Gibson, 5 time shuttle commander and astronaut, to sign 'To the Moon Alice' for me on something..."

Got to chat with Mr. Forrest Bruner, author of Pearl Harbor to Tokyo - 36 Months: My Hell in the South Pacific. He is a very engaging young man of 91 years give or take, we talked about his time aboard the USS Lexington during WWII, discussed the Beauty of the Japanese Naval Ensign, and recurring nightmares he has, one of which involves the Japanese boarding the Lexington via the anchor chain and running amok through the vessel. He states his book 'has a miracle on every page.' He has nothing but his social security and his book sales to get by on, so please, if you are interested in purchasing his book, call and purchase directly from him. There is a contact number at the end of the article at the link above. I thanked him for his service, and he smiled, shook my hand and said "See you next time!" Yes, I hope we do!
ronin48

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "shrinks" need to study those that display at gun/militaria shows, a lot of troulbe for a little reward with the exception if the show has no displays, as was the case with the PA Gun Collectors Assoc. when I lived in P'burgh. The display acted as an advertisement and sucked in many goodies. There was a local that collected Arisakas and had had the same table for years, he was my competition and the display was a BIG help in evening the field. But, the older you get the more trouble it is. When I sell the matchlocks that's it. But I wonder, a display of nickle plated Arisakas and trench art.....?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: nickel Reply with quote

mmmmmm, nickel plated souvenirs and trench art! Sounds right up my alley...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: