Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Type 38's need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdtractor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: 2 Type 38's need help Reply with quote

Hi guys thanks for allowing me to join, new to collecting arisaka's I recently found a few for sale and these 2 have peeked my interest, one is a type 38 the other is a type 38 carbine. Can someone please help me in identifying these rifles. As i can really decode them lol. Also what would be a fair market value on these? the carbine is missing the firing pin and safety knob, which i will need to find new ones for. the pictures of the markings is on the carbine, guy didnt send me none for the type 38 long rifle. Thanks!

[/img]

gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: short one Reply with quote

Short one is a type 38 carbine, the other is a type 99 short rifle. Need to see serial # area of 99 to guess. Parts will be expensive. Thanks for posting. Trey
ronin48

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firing pin and spring will be around $40- $50, knob $30-40. Buying the complete bolt might be he way to go unless the bolt matches the serial number, A complete bolt would run $60-70 so you could buy one and use the parts you need.
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: T38 carbine & T99 Short Rifle Reply with quote

The parts will not be too hard to find. You can go to the website JapaneseMilitaryFirearmsParts.com for reliable contact. It is Steve Schaefer's site and he can be trusted.

If you post better photos of the serial number areas of both the carbine and T99 we can tell you more.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: