Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dear bidder-oh no you didn't! What's wrong with this Rifle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: dear bidder-oh no you didn't! What's wrong with this Rifle Reply with quote

If you are bidding an obscene amount of money on a rifle, be sure the stock inspection marks and overall configuration are correct. Anyone know what is wrong with this one?

If nothing else, paypal me $5 and ask me to look at something before you go 'crazy' bidding...
seinen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, let's see. A late 23rd wouldn't have a 'pod. Stock is wrong (Toyo Kogyo proofs). Can't see bolt proofs, but large font size looks more Nagoya than Kokura. Can't see rod length, but wouldn't a late 23rd have a short rod?

Anything I missed?

C/
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

That is pretty much it, it's got warning flags all over it and all it takes is a little knowledge. This is after pods were dropped and chatter started showing up in the stocks. So it should be a D stock with chatter, (that looks like an early toyo stock with low splice) with a front band numbered to the receiver, with most likely an F (short push in) rod. I wouldn't expect a normal person to find fault with the numbering, but the later kokuras did not have numbered extractors, notice the 7s look to be two different styles. Somebody is gonna be, pissed...While it is great to be able to restore grandpa's rifle, it sucks if a newbie buys it as an original when it's not. On the bright side, it might have the right wings, and it's got a mum. My favorite super-ultimate-advanced collector friend paid a premium for a nagoya with a matching Toyo Kogyo bolt once. So we all get got sometimes.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: oh my! Reply with quote

Oh my, $1040 for a mum, a stock, a bolt, and a rod, I'm not to sure about the monopod either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: