Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blevins event this weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronin48

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Blevins event this weekend Reply with quote

Roy (the ole grit tree farmer) and I hope to be there Fri and Sat. I'll be toting over some of his cutaways, both Arisakas and a Nambu and the one-of-a -kind Type 4 carbine sniper. Cutaways come if Roy does, otherwise I'll only be here a few hours Sat. Yau'll Come.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: weekend Reply with quote

The boys and 'girl maybe' will be there, totin' Mukden 99s, and various and sundry oddities and irons. How many places can you go and shoot a Mukden Type 99 this weekend? I can think of one, Blevins mountain...
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: blevins Reply with quote

Meal plan for 8ish set. Hotdog lunches, chicken and rice Friday night, Hotdog lunch, Red Beans and Rice Saturday night. Late night dogs and sausages as usual...
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: here's the Grit Tree Reply with quote

Here's one of the Grit Tree, straight from the 'Imperial Garden' reposted from the original post from 2006 on the day after YeKindleyOldeEditor's birthday...

Quote:
Yesterday was ElOldehombre's birthday. In reference to an old 'inside' joke, an original 'Grit Tree' was procurred and presented to him. Needless to say, it was a success.

Front of ID tag:
極秘種 門外不出
TOP SECRET - NOT TO LEAVE PREMISES

皇室菜園蔵
IMPERIAL GARDEN PROPERTY

改良新種第六拾五号 グリット木
REVISION VARIATION #65 GRIT TREE

Back of ID tag:
THIS FOSSILIZED GRIT TREE WAS ONCE THE PROPERTY OF THE IMPERIAL GARDEN. THE IMPERIAL GARDENERS WERE ATTEMPTING TO DEVELOP A SELF SUSTAINABLE PLANT TO PRODUCE RATIONS FOR SOLDIERS IN THE FIELD. IMPERIAL RESCRIPT #123456-A+B=C INDICATED THAT THE MEMBERS OF THE IMPERIAL GARDEN SHOULD ATTEMPT TO PRODUCE GRIT AND POTTED MEAT TREES. THE GRIT TREES ARE MOST NOTICABLE FOR THE SMALL PACKETS OF INSTANT GRITS THAT FLOWER DAILY. THE POTTED MEAT TREES HAVE SMALL TINS (CHOCK FULL OF PECKERS AND LIPS) DANGLING FROM THEIR BRANCHES. A SUPER SPECIAL SECRET NOURISHMENT KEEPS THE TREES FRESH. WITHOUT CONTINUED NOURISHMENT FROM THIS SPECIAL SAUCE, THE TREES IMMEDIATELY FOSSILIZE INTO AN UN-NATURAL PLASTIC STATE.

For those who are curious, The 'Olde1' turned 29 for the 41st time, last night at 9:15 pm. Hope it was a very, happy, birthday Olde Friend!

gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Shootout 2014 Reply with quote

Another shootout has come and gone. I'd estimate about 100 people coming and going throughout the Weekend. Group picture below is missing about 20 people that were still down at the range, and a portion of the Upper Society of Lower Blevins Mountain, or is it the Lower Society of Upper Blevins Mountain? I disremember, I am a card carrying member of 'either'...At one time 12 or more tents dotted the Knee Mortar range as the overnighters came out in force. We missed several regulars this year due to various previous engagements and such.

The Chirt Monster from 20,000 Fathoms was there again trying for a two for one special, that suceeded or failed miserably, depending on your point of view.

Iron Chef Fuji (Taneo Tanegawa) and Aluminum Chef In Training, Batta #4 cooked up a fine meal on Saturday, hotdogs and sausages in tortillas or buns. A small donation, or no donation got you all you can eat Hotdogs and Sausages grilled to culinary perfection.

Let's see, we fired US CAL 30, 25th series Type 99 (.30-06), Mexican Type 38 Arisaka (7mm Mauser), Slam Fire Guerilla Gun, The BFG (.50 cal), M3A1 Grease Gun, Sten, Sterling, Zero Cockpit gun, BAR, 97 Trench gun, 99 LMG in .308, 7.62x39, and 7.7 Japanese, Mukden Type 99s (yes, plural) Tricked out Ruger 10/22s, Winchester Model 52, Swiss Vetterli (Horns Up - Rock On!). Japanese Type 38 in .410 Conversion. Type 14 .22 LR coversion kit. Just to name a few.

Weapons in attendance not mentioned above include: Peabody Martini, Ronin48s Cutaway Weapon display, Riceone's custom Fabrication and Sporter display, modern FG42, Phil's rollin Shootin Irons (various modern and antique handguns for shooting and sharing), a consectutive Pair of Hamadas, all Japanese Type 99 Rifles from all Arsenals and Series' were there as well. If you were there, feel free to add to the list.

I don't really know what else to say, a great time was had by all and several wonderful items were available to add to your collection. Hope to see you all next year, May 22-23, 2015, you just really don't know what you are missing!

type-14

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attached are a few more photos from the 2014 shootout. Enjoy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: