Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

North China Type 19? (Chinese Type 30 Copy)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

that little jobber is starting to grow on me. Keep me posted...
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

So we made a deal, I've been able to give the rifle and it's condition some thought. I think the bolt handle is Russian, I think there may be a flaw in the Chinese 8mm configuration in which the bolt face (extractor and ejector assemblies) binds withing the cutouts in the receiver for the locking lugs and caused the bolt to 'jam' in the receiver. The replaced bolt handle and the extractor that won't stay on, are testament to beating the bolt out of the receiver, possibly destroying the original handle, and causing the extractor to wedge/bind itself off of the bolt face. With both the extractor and ejector off of the the bolt face, everything works fine, if I put one or both on, and attempt to work the bolt, it works about 50% of the time without binding and locking itself in to place. Anyone else with an NC Type 30 noticed this or signs of it?

Last edited by gwsiii on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
UBE Mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, the bolt on my NC 30 works well. It is also in 8mm. The extractor is a poor fit, rather loose on the bolt. The trigger pull is around 18 lbs.
John
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: bolt Reply with quote

John what is your serial number? This one is pretty early. Had trouble getting the bolt face off too. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: North China Type 30 Carbine Copy Reply with quote

A Very interesting example for sure. I love that the paint can be clearly seen on this example. Many people mistake this for bluing.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
UBE Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: NC 30 Reply with quote

Trey, the serial number on mine is 207946. I brought it to the shoot 10-15 years ago. Will bring it along with some muskets to Bobby's or to the TMCA show.
John
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: looking forward to it Reply with quote

Looking forward to it, Thanks!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: thoughts Reply with quote

A wise man once said: "You can look at one, you can compare two, you can study 3..."
UBE Mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have an idea of just how many of these NC 30s are in the
US?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: carbines Reply with quote

I dunno, Frank would be the one to ask...We could count the ones listed in the book, but the saturation/interest in these is not what it is for 38s and 99s.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: nc type 30 followup bolt lock up Reply with quote

If you have an NC Type 30 Carbine copy and your bolt sticks closed, hold the rifle by the bolt handle, muzzle down and gentle shake it (by the bolt handle) back and forth while bobbing it up and down slightly. It should unbind itself and open with your back and forth motion. I believe there is a design flaw in these and they tend to lock up. The one I got from Catch22 exhibits signs of having the bolt handle replaced with a Russian? bolt handle, and the extractor was sheared off, but luckily still with the bolt. I believe this happened because the bolt face binds in the slot and and locks the locking lugs of the bolt in place. Someone used more than adequate force to try and remove this bolt.

UbeMechanic and I examined one, and the bolt shows sign of having the snot beat out of it around the base, and the extractor is missing from the bolt face.

You can look at one, you can compare two, you can study three...Who's with me?

Incidentally, I'm in need of a cheap Type 30 bolt body to get the handle off of.
For the search engines.
Chinese Type 30 Bolt Problem, won't open.
Type 30 bolt locks when closed.
NC Type 30.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: another Reply with quote

Here's another.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: