Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CORRECT TYPE OF CLEANING ROD FOR A EARLY TYPE 14 NAMBU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROBERT H.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: CORRECT TYPE OF CLEANING ROD FOR A EARLY TYPE 14 NAMBU Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I have a early type 14 Nambu pistol in my collection. And it is my favorite Nambu . It came from the Vet with capture papers. The pistol is made by Tokyo Kokrua Year and month 9.9 small trigger guard. It came with the capture papers , leather holster. two boxes of original ammo. extra nickel mag. not matching. Has one matching magazine. blue cleaning rod with the Kanji on the side,
Serial number 28352. I am looking for the extra magazine 352 if I could get so lucky.
The question I have is the cleaning Rod. Is it correct for the year 1934? should it have a nickel cleaning rod or is the blue correct??? Or the Japanese officer got it mixed up ??
Regards
Bob
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: rod Reply with quote

I would think nickel rod coincides with nickel mag, and blue with blued mag, but it may be more tied to the production date of the holster. I've asked Type-14 to drop by, let's see what he says...
type-14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey is correct in that your rod should be a nickel one. Also, it should have a "TO" 東 inspection mark. Your missing mag will need to have not only the correct numbers but also the correct inspection mark as well. If you can post a photo of the mag so we can see the inspection. What is the number of the magazine that does not match? There are a number of us who collect Nambus and we are always looking for matching mags as well so, a trade is something that you might want to consider. Email me and we might be able to work out something on that rod. By the way you do need to be warned that collecting Nambu's is highly addictive with no know antidote except any empty wallet Wink
ROBERT H.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: CORRECT TYPE OF CLEANING ROD FOR MY TYPE 14 NAMBU Reply with quote

Hi,
I will send pictures later today of every thing. The extra magazine number is 598 #. The cleaning rod looks like it has a T? stamped on it??
Bob
ROBERT H.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: PICTURES OF MY CAPTURED TYPE 14 Reply with quote

HI guys
Here are some pictures of my type 14 That I asked about the correct type of cleaning rod. His name is PFC DIRCK V. VREELAND And he was in the Dakota National Guard 164th Division.
Also is the magazine and the cleaning rod. So I need a nickel cleaning rod.
Best Regards
Bob

gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Oooh, very nice! Excellent find! Thanks for sharing!
type-14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you got a good deal and a about a complete rig as possible. That extra mag would be for an later pistol dated between about 14.6 through 14.12 from the Kokubunji factory.
ROBERT H.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: TYPE 14 NAMBU Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I thank you for all your help.
Best Regards
Bob
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: cleaning rod Reply with quote

Did you get a cleaning rod?
ROBERT H.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: TYPE 14 CLEANING ROD Reply with quote

Hi
I think I found a Nickel type 14 cleaning rod. . This coming weekend I will trade I hope mine for a nickel cleaning rod in the same condition as mine.
Best Regards
Bob
ROBERT H.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: FOUND THE CORRECT TYPE OF CLEANING ROD FOR MY EARLY TYPE 14 Reply with quote

Hi Guys
Well I got lucky a friend of mine traded a nickel type 14 cleaning rod for my Mid war blued cleaning rod. Now that a friend !!
Regards
bob
nambu san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, super nice rig ! very very nice!!!! I don't get to see them so complete anymore. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: