Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mums on holster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Mums on holster Reply with quote

I've always been taught that mums on anything but rifles were highly suspect...I've only been doing this 22 years...I have seen a mum on an Smith & Wesson #2 that was deemed 'good' but other than that...
I know there was a mum stamp offered for sale in Banzai many years ago and a Type I rifle has been spotted with a mum..

Can someone educate me?

Flare Pistol Holster with mum
ronin48

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey the S&W holster mums would be a question for F. Allan or Geo Taylor, as you know George has a slew of the Japanese-used S&Ws and holsters. Mums on anything else other than rifles would be suspect. Mums were stamped on the stocks of some foreign rifles used between 1853 and 1870?
The break open shotgun I have has a LARGE mum on the left side, the kind you would find on a wooden nickel.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: mum Reply with quote

I've seen the mum on George's Smith & Wesson pistol that they think is good, it is very small and proportional to the weapon.

The one on this flare pistol holster strikes me as the wooden nickel variety.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: