Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type 38 Arisaka 'Flower Bed'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Type 38 Arisaka 'Flower Bed' Reply with quote

I'm always teasing folks about the 'mum' madness. We sometimes accuse people of being 'florists' not 'rifle collectors'. Contrary to popular belief, I do have a few 'flowers' in the garden.

Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Mum Madness Reply with quote

Wow! What a nice set of photos. Some really hard to find one pictured there.

Frank

(386) 445-4225
seinen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I;m of the collector type who wants his examples to be as close to factory original as possible, including a full mum. At least that's how I justify being a mum snob.

C/
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: mums Reply with quote

I prefer the term 'florist'...Would you have turned down the 24th if it didn't have a mum?
seinen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: mums Reply with quote

gwsiii wrote:
Would you have turned down the 24th if it didn't have a mum?

I probably would have offered it to someone in the Banzai community who collects Type 99s. Probably will move it some day. Just want to enjoy it for awhile.

Part of the package deal involved a 37th Series as well. It's mostly ground, so I'll be moving it. Very nice shape and all matching with a rod. Can post some photos over the weekend if you'd like to see them. 32K serial number range.

C/
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: rifles Reply with quote

I'd be interested in the 24th when you get tired of it.
Always like to see new stuff...It's part of the fun of the hobby. If it's not too much trouble, please do post some pictures. A friend needed a 'pretty' 38 with mum for a magazine cover. It was a toss up between the 29th series and the 25th. 25th won because 29th series does not have an arsenal mark. Just one of those 'little nothings'...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: