Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type-26 Research Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
type-14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Type-26 Research Request Reply with quote

I am currently doing some specific research on very late production and reworked Type-26 revolvers. During normal production, most parts were blued. However, the rebound lever, rebound lever screw, mainspring, hand, extractor, and extractor bearing were left unfinished (in the white).

I am seeking specific information about the arsenal inspection marks on reworked and late production revolvers with all blued parts. The arsenal inspection marks will likely be located on the butt plate or on the inside on the left frame flat under the left grip panel. Please note that the style of grip panel (original checkered or reworked grooved) may not be a full indicator that the revolver was reworked, as many reworked revolvers retain the early checkered grip panels.

I am specifically looking for the 名(NA) inspection mark of the Nagoya arsenal. In addition, other interim Nagoya inspection marks may also appear along with the NA mark. They are the リ(ri) and the elongated “M”.

I really would like to communicate with the owner of any all blued Type-26. So, if you have an example, please contact me though the boards via email or PM.

Thanks
Dale
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: clarify Reply with quote

Dale, to clarify:
Quote:
However, the rebound lever, rebound lever screw, mainspring, hand, extractor, and extractor bearing were left unfinished (in the white).

You are wanting information on pistols with the above parts blued aren't you?
type-14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why yes I am. Very Happy
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote

Well, type-14, I, know what you want, but those that aren't familiar with revolvers, and their parts, don't know that you are explicitly looking for revolvers with the typically, strawed or in the white parts - being blued. So post a picture!

I think you would also be interested in any Tokyo or Kokura Type 38s, that were reworked to all blued configuration with the same Nagoya inspection marks.

I have a Tokyo Type 38 carbine, that has been reworked, and renumbered, and restocked with Kokura inspection marks...

I have a Tokyo Type 44 carbine, that has been reworked, and restocked, with a Mukden, Type 38 carbine stock...
type-14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the time being my focus is on the Type-26. Maybe one of the rifle collectors could take on this task with regards to the rifles and machine gun.

Anyway, i have had some good responses to this request and a couple of questions. I'm hoping that photos will be helpful in showing the differences between the two examples and what I am looking for when I say a "All Blued Parts." The first example show the internal parts on a standard production revolver while the second one shows a reworked example with "All Blued Parts."

Again, Thanks for help and I hope to hear from more of you.

Dale

gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: that gwsiii Reply with quote

That gwsiii is a real goober...I knew exactly what you meant! Great pictures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: