Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMCA SHOW January 12-13, 2018 Canceled - Wintery Weather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: AMCA SHOW January 12-13, 2018 Canceled - Wintery Weather Reply with quote

This weekends Alabama Military Collectors Show has been canceled due to weather. The City of Huntsville is closing the venue at 10:00 AM on Friday, not to reopen until Tuesday.

Quote:
From AMCAHQ@comcast.net
All – I have decided to cancel our show due to a high probability that Friday we will have snow starting in the morning continuing into Saturday accompanied with freezing rain ultimately closing bridges and overpasses!

Decision needed to be made today to provide sufficient notice to everyone! Working with current forecasting all models continue to predict worsening weather conditions..

While snow accumulations remains TBD the weather is preceded by a high concentration of rain on Thursday into Friday. The temperature on Friday begins to fall below freezing at noon with snow and a North wind at 14 mph. Saturday morning will be 14 degs.

Forecasting predicts that what every we get Friday and Saturday will be with us for a while! It doesn’t get above freezing until Sunday at noon and drops below freezing again at 3pm.

Another IMPORTANT FACTOR bearing on my decision. I spoke with Bruce at the Jaycees this morning. If the City of Huntsville closes early on Friday due to the snow beginning around 10 a.m., they will not resume normal business hours until Tuesday at best!

THE JACYCEE’S BUILDING WILL NOT OPEN FOR US!...UNTIL THE CITY RESUMES NORMAL HOURS..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: