Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Rifle Scabbard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voodoo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Japanese Rifle Scabbard Reply with quote

Greetings.

I am a collector of mainly American and German militaria but occasionally I stumble across some Japanese stuff. I haven't received much feedback on this rifle scabbard and thought someone here could answer my questions. The scabbard is mum stamped and in fairly decent shape structurally. Any ideas of who would of used this and the rifle it was meant for?

Thanks Jeff
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Rifle Scabbard Reply with quote

Jeff, If you could send me some photos I'll post them and we'll get some opinions. Generally, accessories were not stamped with a mum. Thanks for posting. Trey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey,

Thanks for the reply and email sent.

Regards Jeff
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Rifle Scabbard Reply with quote

Here are the pics Jeff sent me, I've asked for close ups of the buckles and stitching. The 'mum' looks wrong, and the trim work looks a little 'fancy'. I guess the big question would be what fits in it?

Any comments?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Rifle Scabbard Reply with quote

Here are a few more pics of the stitching and buckles.

RayG/Wisconsin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess, but seems like I have seen a similar case, American commerical made, for a Winchester 1897 take down shotgun. Ray
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Scabbard Reply with quote

That makes sense, I don't really see anywhere for a bolt to go. Thanks for your input. Trey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information guys. I appreciate that.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: