Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restoring a holster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teiko41

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Restoring a holster Reply with quote

Picked up a T26 which was stuck into the lower part of a Papa Nambu holster. Trying to eyeball the upper flap on my T14 holster to see if it might fit, but hard to really tell if it is the same size.
Would it be worthwhile to find a upper piece and have it sewn onto the bottom. Maybe someone knows of a company that could attach a reproduction top to it.

Opinions Please

Don
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Papa Holster Reply with quote

Don, the hoster would be worth repairing, I only have 1 papa holster, and it seems like the clam shell is just a little smaller, and not as squared off. There are some guys that do great leather work so I hear. You might try asking Doss, he's a little more up on that sort of thing than me. I'll keep checking. I'll try and post some pictures of my holster flap this weekend. I'll be out of town until sometime Saturday. I'll try and get pics up then. Thanks for posting. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Holster Comparison Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long. Here are pics of my Papa and earliest T14 holster. A T14 flap might look ok. Overall Shape looks a little different and the attaching piece looks shorter on the Papa. The clam shell appears of lighter and smaller construction as well. For comparison, I used my earliest T14 holster (no firing pin pouch). My Papa holster has some modifications, namely the o-rings and closure strap. The original strap was replaced (at some point, long, long ago) with a T14 strap, that has also broken. The O-rings are pretty neat, canvas modifications. Otherwise it should suffice for the comparison. Trey

teiko41

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Restoring a holster Reply with quote

Trey
Thanks for the info and pictures. I'll keep checking auctions and other places as something may turn up.
Thanks again

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: