Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What brand of 6.5 Japanese ammo to use in type 1 rifle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wincolt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: What brand of 6.5 Japanese ammo to use in type 1 rifle Reply with quote

Hello I have a question what brand of 6.5 ammo would work best with my type 1 Japanese rifle that isnt that high in volicity thanks. Is norma lower then Hornady.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Ammo Reply with quote

Bill, I don't know that there is that much difference in the two. According to Shannon's Reloading 'Sticky' on the reference section, original muzzle velocity for military ball was around 2500 fps. Trey
Paperpuncher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Type 1 (I) ammo Reply with quote

Are you talking about a Type I rifle? I bought, some years ago, 100 rounds of Norma and have been reloading and firing them out of my type I. I have reloaded these 4 times and the brass still checks out fine. It is also a very accurate rifle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: