Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Small Shows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Small Shows Reply with quote

You've got to go to those small shows, even when you don't have any money. Below is a little diamond in the rough found at a local show.

With a grand total of $6 'gunshow lucky hotdog' money in my pocket I was at a loss....3 'money changers' later, I owe, I owe, I owe.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Small shows Reply with quote

I forgot, for those that don't recognize the bayonet, it's a paratroop bayonet. While its official designation is Type 2, adopted in 1942 (Johnson, Japanese Bayonets p88), most of us refer to it as the Type 100 bayonet. It was designed for the Type 100 sub machinegun and is also associated with the Type 100 and Type 2 paratroop rifles. There are fewer Type 100 bayonets (10,000 or less) than there are Type 2 rifles (around 22,000). Up until a few years ago, the bayonets were more expensive than the Type 2 rifles. The arsenal logo is found on the back strap instead of on the flat side of the blade at the crossguard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: