Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB - Non-Collecter grade T-38 Rifle Barreled Action

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smokey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: WTB - Non-Collecter grade T-38 Rifle Barreled Action Reply with quote

I would like to build up a rifle for my daughter.
Needs to be in shootable condition, decent bore.
Prefer to have the bolt included.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Action Reply with quote

I have a couple barrled actions, one may be a 38 carbine, no bolts though. I'll check the bores today. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: actions Reply with quote

I checked both today, 38 long and 38 carbine, both bores are very dirty, just action and import marked barrel on long, just action, barrel, and bolt release mechanism on carbine, trigger is there but looks half-vast fitted. Sorry, Trey
Smokey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Shooter-Grade T-38 Reply with quote

gwsiii,
You said the bores are dirty. Would you be willing to run a patch thru the long rife (from the breech) and see if it's just dirt and not corrosion?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: barrel Reply with quote

Smokey, I'll try tonight, was on cub scout camp out this weekend with my son. Trying to get everything unpacked and sorted out. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: action Reply with quote

Smokey, sorry for the delay, another camping trip/gunshow weekend. Bore is not very good, since barrel is import marked, it may have suspect headspace. I paid $15 for some time ago because it is a 3 digit serial number, and I planned to restore it, if you want it, for the same price and and enough to cover shipping that's fine, would need a signed ffl, (can't send anything other than a complete rifle to a c&r as I interpret the ATF regs). Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: