Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forks of the Delaware Show Report 21-22 OCT 06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smzeigler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Forks of the Delaware Show Report 21-22 OCT 06 Reply with quote

All,

The "Forks" show is one of the best in the Mid-Atlantic Region and well worth the drive. The organizers promote quality displays and the sales tables are all firearms related - no beef jerky allowed. Dealer and exhibtors are punished for early tear-down - nothing worse than going to a show on a Sunday and a good number of the tables are empty because the dealer have closed their tables. The great thing is the promoters understand it is unrealistic to keep the show open until 4pm, so Sundays they close at 2pm, which encouarage the dealers not to shut down.

Some great finds were made at last weekend's show. Here are the ones I can remember: 1) A Jinsen Special Last Ditch 2) T99 Kogyo Rifle 3) Minty T38 Hoten Carbine 4) Minty T99 S: 37 5) T 38 S: 24 minty with mum (hard to find a mum on a nice T38) 6) T 38 1.9 mil sn# matching less knob (my find). Additionally there was the usual table of T99 and 97 Snipers, I saw an 02/45 with crack wrist ($1050), Kokura rebuilt S:5 T38 carbine ($325), a 6.5 Infantry Rifle (chinese copy of T38) and number T99 in various conditions, mostly ground, but a few treasure for the new collector.

Below are a few photos from the Oct 2006 Forks of the Delaware Show, Allentown, PA. Doss displayed his Grenade Dischargers and Mike Rockhill and I display 6.5mm Rifle and Carbines from 1897 to 1945.

Enjoy, Shannon

gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: display Reply with quote

Very nice displays and report, wish I could have been there. You guys aren't really twins, are you? Trey
oopy38

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins? I thought they were father and son! Smile
Bill B

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think pic #3 looks like they went halfs on a mis- matched , ground refinished T99 and got caught . Shannon , Mike we are gonna work on Very Happy come december. Thanks for the compliment on MAJC, any work that went into it was rewarded by good friends , more knowledge and new friends. Bill After Eric's presentation I got home and found that one of my navy helmets isn't right Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: