Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

firing type 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miamisam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: firing type 14 Reply with quote

Very new to this. I have a type 14-no ammo. When I cock the hammer and pull the trigger the hammer stays cocked. When I pull the clip out the hammer jumps back into place. The safety clip seems to work fine. Can someone tell me the correct way this gun is supposed to work. Thanks.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: type 14 Reply with quote

If there were a round in magazine, when you pull back on the slide and let go, the bolt will go forward. The pistol locks open when cocking on an empty mag and will not fire. When you pull the mag out, the bolt will go forward, and again, the pistol will not fire until the mag is put back in and locked. Then you can pull the trigger.

A word of caution on firing and dry firing, Type 14 pins are rather fragile, so you might want to get a reproduction spare to shoot with. There are different length pins, so be sure to measure yours before ordering and get one of the same/proper length. Trey

Try Japanese Rifle and Pistol Parts/Restoration services Don Schlickman for firing pins and Mr Nambu (Mac McCurdy) for ammo. You pistol is 8mm Nambu, Mac usually has commercial quality reloads for sale.
miamisam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: firing Reply with quote

Thanks.
03man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer?

T14's don't have a hammer, they are striker fired.

How about another go at the description of your problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: