Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the Skinny on the Forks of the Delaware Show?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szeigler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: What's the Skinny on the Forks of the Delaware Show? Reply with quote

I am thinking about exhibiting at the Forks of the Delaware Show, Allentown, PA the weekend after next, what's the skinny on the show? Size? Selections, quality & average prices of weapons etc...

Who's going to the show?

Thanks, Shannon
oopy38@msn.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Gun Show at Allentown Reply with quote

Shannon, I went to one of these shows about 3 years ago. It was twice the size of the TMCA show and there was no junk there and I only saw about two tables of modern guns. The rest was antique or collectable stuff. I think you will like it. Garnett
Jareth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be good for a display. I gave up on this show years ago as there's a dealer set up on Friday & shows picked clean by the time it opens to the public on Saturday. Never found a thing.
Rick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Don't Give Up! Reply with quote

Jareth, don't give up on the show -- just become a vendor! If nothing else buy a table. This gets you in on Friday for set-up and "good-pickings". If you really don't want to set up and sell just give the table to the guy next to you -- he'll think highly of you Wink! Besides, is it worth $50.00 to $75.00 to you to get first choice of the "good stuff"? After hearing some of the stories out of places like Tulsa, $75.00 is a small price to pay to get at a $300.00 sniper. Just ramblin' on....

Rick
Jareth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I gave it some thought but I keep my competitors close & from what I've heard from over the years nothing great Japanese. ever seems to surface. I know what you'll say next "but it will eventually show up", it's not worth the trouble when I can network over my pc in the comfort of my home & have more things offered to me than the cash I have in my pocket.
smzeigler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Forks Reply with quote

Jareth,

I am with Rick. If you can afford the time off, I'd suggest going down and doing a display. It is a free ticket through the door. Up to 3 tables free to exhibitors, and you don't have to be a member. I think everybody walked away with some $$. Top 3 get; Best of Show, $1K, 1st Place, $750, 2nd, $500. According to Eric Doody the competition was stiffer than usual, so you've got a good chance at winning something. I'd do one or two tables. It takes a little effort, but once you get the basic infrastructure established it's fairly simple after that.

Shannon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: