Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Early Arisakas-OUT OF PRINT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Reference Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: The Early Arisakas-OUT OF PRINT Reply with quote

The Early Arisakas
A Study of The Japanese Type 30 Rifles & Carbines, Naval Type 35 Rifles, Substitute Type 02/45 Rifles and Their Variations.
BANZAI special project #9
By Francis C. Allan, Doss H. White, Dr. Stanley Zielinski
Edited by Joseph P. Koss Jr.

THIS BOOK IS OUT OF PRINT
This book covers the design, development, production, and known history, of these 'forgotten' rifles. The Early Arisakas were the first Japanese rifles designed for use with smokeless powder and marked one of the first steps in Japan's march to super-power status. This book contains pictures and tables of the rifles, variations, and their markings, along with recorded features and serial numbers of surviving specimens.

Most serious collectors consider having 1 of each model or type a complete representation of these rifles, but after reading the book, I'm not so sure that just one of each is enough. The book identifies original production stamps, inspection marks, modifications and variations , along with those that were added or modified later by the Japanese and the other countries where they saw service. I didn't realize the extent of service use by the European countries of these early Arisakas.

In all this is a very in depth look at these early Veterans of Japanese Military service. I highly recommend this book for your reference library.

Last edited by gwsiii on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
strangms

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey,
I got my copy the other day and I'm with you. It's a Very Nice book with tons of information in it.
If you collect Japanese rifles, then you need this book in your collection.

strangms
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Reference Books All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: