Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

38s w/o SN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eloldehombre1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: 38s w/o SN Reply with quote

Over the years I've owned two 38s without serial number on receiver side, both from Tokyo Arsenal, both had three digit numbers on top rear tang, both had shorter stocks than standard. Anyone have one, any comments, etc?
Earl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Only one I remember... Reply with quote

is that one you picked up in Tulsa a few years back. To this day I still don't know why I didn't pick it up when I saw it. Probably was too new to the hobby and just didn't know what it was I saw.

The other neat T38 I've seen is the one I think you saw at the last Tulsa Wannamacher. I've seen it twice now. Unlike the unserialized examples this one has assembly number 7 on all parts and no arsenal logo on the reciever, only a big Kokura/Koishikiwa logo burned into the stock. I've never seen another like it either. It is defnitely unissued and definitely an arsenal 7.7 chamber. Obviously one of the 7.7 prototypes.

Earl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: