Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-99 match results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mag

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: T-99 match results Reply with quote

We had our T-99 shooting match the last sunday in Nov. We had a light turn out because of bad weather, only 11 shooters. We did get magazine coverage [ Japan's largest gun mag] , it will be an eight page article. The T-99's did have problems on the bench score, the scores about 5 point lower than a normal military rifle match. The poor light did not help with the too large rear peep sight. On the other hand the scores were higher than normal on the offhand part. The sight centered well on a full size man target. The Nagoya's and TK's seemed to be the best shooters of all the makers. I loaned out 3 rifles and the shooters really burned up some ammo [my ammo] getting used to the rifles. I have over 100 rounds of 7.7mm to reload. The best 5-shot group shot at 100 yards was a 2.11.
I personally did poorly on the bench, to many distractions from the gun barrowers. I did do high offhand score. My offhand group was as good as my bench group [about 4 inches] !! Shows you that I did not have it together for the bench. Sorry about taking so long to post this but I have been busy deer hunting. Yes, 2. The last one was the biggest I ever shot, 250 lb whitetail, 22 inch spread. mag
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: match Reply with quote

I can't see well enough to shoot for score, I'm happy if I can get something on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper, I figure thats about as good as I can expect to do. It does sound like fun though. Thanks for posting the results. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: