Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

type 99 bolt safety size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hideous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: type 99 bolt safety size Reply with quote

Greetings from Australia!
I am just going over my almost new type 99 short rifle.
Everything matches on the rifle - but the bolt.

The bolt itself has the last three digits as the rifle but from there on it is all mismatched:
I would class the bolt as perfect !
- but the bolt face looks like it has been machined - shiny like it was done last week.
-the safety knob is in fair condition but internally it is rusty ( different number )
-firing pin is poor, rust pitted and looks like a type 38 ( no slots, different number ) I have cleaned off the active rust
-spring has light rust

My query are -
- will a type 38 safety fit a type 99 bolt ?
- and are the repro e-Gunparts type 99 firing pins any good ?
DEFUC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'Day....A t-38 safety wont fit a t-99 correctly ,unless you change the whole group ,which they may have done as you think your pin may also be t-38,its better to just get another t-99 safety and pin. Depending on which t-99 you have it likely should have that bright shiney bolt face as the early-mid ones were chrome faced..getting a set of bolt components shipped into Aus may be tricky,however something like a pin and safety might slip right thru.
03man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The couple repro safetys I have dealt with did not fit without modification; the milling pattern is not correct either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: