Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA Show - Birmingham AL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: AGCA Show - Birmingham AL Reply with quote

Greetings All.....
The Alabama Gun Collectors Association (AGCA) Show, is this weekend in Birmingham, AL at the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center off of I20/59. Setup is 2:00pm Friday for exhibitors/members. Show is open to the public 9-5 Saturday, and 10-4 Sunday. I should be in my normal spot towards the back wall with my 'Japanese Handgun and Holster' display. I've picked up some very nice pieces since the last time I displayed. Hope to see you there!
Sometimes there is absolutely nothing Japanese there for sale, and sometimes some very nice things turn up. So be warned, just in case.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: AGCA show Reply with quote

The show is over, my Japanese Military Handguns and Holsters Display finished 5th overall (3rd in Firearms Catergory):

Overall firearms display award winner was a very nice Hi-Power display with a custom target rifle display finishing second. Japanese weapons and militaria 'pickings' were pretty slim. A couple of very nice T14s changed hands and a few rifles. I picked up some neat items. A booklet about 4" X 6" with no pictures so I don't know if its Japanese or even military related for that matter:

I also got some of the neatest pieces of trench art I've seen in a while from a Air Intelligence Vet, some shot glasses with the names of the islands he was on made out of what appear to be 40mm Japanese shells:

And finally, the highlight of my show was a Smith & Wesson Model 2, also referred to as the Old Army model with Kanji on the left side, I heard about it on Saturday and just assumed it would be gone by the time I got to look at it. I found out it was still available Sunday morning, so I checked to make sure I wasn't stepping on any toes, and went to 'adopt' it as a companion piece for my 1 1/2 old model:

It was a pleasant show, I got to socialize with members Eloldehombre1, Riceone, JimBrown, my Dad, and several non members and friends. Hope to see some more of you at the TMCA show in Franklin TN in a few weeks!

Remember, a gunshow is not just about buying and selling, it is a major social event, so I'd have still had a great weekend if I hadn't found anything to buy. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: