Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone seen this Izawa proof before.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Rockhill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Anyone seen this Izawa proof before. Reply with quote

I found this proof on several parts of my late 9th series 21358, one of the highest reported. The proof looks like or is a "Z" and I have found it on the small protrusion on the head of the safety knob, the side of the protrusion of the firing pin, the back of the front sight base and the back of the bayonet lug. I disremember if I had taken this rifle fully apart yet, so I will get around to it sometime to check the triggerguard assembly and bottom of receiver. I wonder if it is an Izawa specific proof, possibly found on later rifles, I haven't seen as many 9ths as i'd like but I have seen a few and I haven't seen this before and it isn't on the data sheet.
Thoughts?

gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: inspection mark Reply with quote

Mike, I haven't seen that one, but then I haven't been looking for it. I'll check when I head north east later this month. Its not found on 18500 as far as I can tell. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: inspection mark update Reply with quote

Mike, I've looked on another 16k and a 21k about 30 under your and its not there. I'll keep looking though. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: