Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CASC Show Montgomery AL Jan 17,18 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: CASC Show Montgomery AL Jan 17,18 2009 Reply with quote

The CASC (Central Alabama Shooters and Collectors) Show is this weekend, in Montgomery AL at the Civic center, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on Sunday.
My Dad and I will be there, stop by and say hello.

Here are some displays from the September show....
Best of Show -
Civil War Veterans in the Indian Wars, D. Phillips
A very nice US Cavalry display with an 1860 Colt, US Richards conversion, and Sharps and Spencer Carbines, and a sword.

Judges Choice
US Edged Weapons G.Stancil
My Dad's display, he's sort of absorbed some of my tranch art stuff. Lots of nice, neat stuff. Too much to list. The host server seems to have lost the pictures.....

My Display, sort of a Quasi Japanese Paratrooper themed display. Hmm, its missing some pictures too.....Where are the black helicopters....

Last edited by gwsiii on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
oopy38

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Is that my cut off bayonet in the middle? Reply with quote

Talk about "absorbing" stuff.....I have a "Baby Nambu" somewhere! Smile
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: what Reply with quote

what baby nambu?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: show update Reply with quote

The CASC show is not bad, I missed an early Hoten 38 carbine, 7.62x39 conversion with 4 digit serial number, and an early Tokyo 38 carbine with a quick detachable wire bail sling, a pretty Izawa was noted, and an 86 Winchester to die for. Not a lot of other stuff. But still a good show. Saw friends that I only see at this show. I picked up my new 20.5 Type 94. Still have a few dollars, maybe something will show up tomorrow.
type-14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that it is a decent show. Will post what I picked up today when I get some photo's taken.
type-14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did Sunday go? you broke or did you go home empty handed?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: show Reply with quote

My dad and I ended up with a Korean bringback Mosin Nagant with Marine Vet's Jacket from 'Frozen Chosin' and letter from current owner. I bought a pretty 9th series m/m struck mum. I just didn't see much, Kenny beat me to everything else, its alright though, I carved 7.62x39 on his carbine with a serrated ice pick, then filled it with bright pink wood putty, and then darkened that over with permanent black marker when he wasn't looking, . Instead of being 1 of 10 reported, its now 1 of 1 reported..... Just kidding. My pictures didn't come out very well. I'll post them this evening.

Next stop is Riceone's get together in Cleveland MS next month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: