Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Type 35 rifle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkages5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Japanese Type 35 rifle Reply with quote

I thought I would post a few picture of my type 35 rifle I bought from a vet a few years back. I am kinda new to the hobby so not as knowledgeable as I should be on the rifle. I understand it is not a very common rifle.
Any info anyone wishes to share is welcome and I have no real idea of it value.
Darkages5

gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Type 35 Reply with quote

Darkages, welcome to the forum, very nice rifle, and very hard to find in nice condition! I don't know what values are now, but a few years ago I saw a couple in the 1-2k range. I bought mine with bayonet for a little less than that. Someone correct me but I want to say they made about 38k and that's about the highest reported bayonet as well, most for the navy and a few to try and entice Siam into a full fledged contract. Please download a Type 35 datasheet and send to Frank Allan, he can fill you in on the details. Trey
Jareth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkages, does your rifle have a Siamese "Charka" stamp (looks like a pin wheel)on receiver bridge behind bolt? Also check stock on bottom behind trigger guard for anchor stamp in wood.
darkages5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: More pics Reply with quote

Here are a few more pics, I will look for the markings tonight.
Darkages5

darkages5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Thanks for letting me join Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome and again for allowing me to join the group.
03man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful rifle, and a great find.
darkages5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Type 35 Datasheet and stock markings Reply with quote

I have attached the data sheet for my type 35 and a picture of the marking on the bottom of the stock for anyone interested.

gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: rifle Reply with quote

very nice! I believe, you may have a matching rifle (front band, bolt, and assembly numbers match)! Check the assembly number on the receiver underneath the wood line and the number on the floorplate. Wow! incidentally, your saftey tang face is knurled, and your bolt release button is smooth. Your rifle has 'tangs' extending in to the wrist of the stock from the action to hold it in place and strengthen that portion of the stock. Trey
Francis C. Allan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: T-35 Reply with quote

Dear Darkages;

Thanks for posting your photos, especially the data sheet so that I can add the details of this rifle to our research data.

It is in unusually good condition. Normally Type 35s in good condition are limited to a small number of rifles sent to Siam as sales samples and never issued until sold surplus in the late 1960s. That is the reason for the question that was asked.

I have not seen the rear most stock inspection stamp previously. I'll have to do a little research.

It is very unusual to find an example with a serial number under 10,000. We are not sure why. It may be that most in this reange were later converted into smooth-bore trainers.

Thanks again for your post.

Frank Allan

(386) 445-4225
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great rifle to start off with! I've been in this hobby for 42 years & have yet to see one in person!. I need one to go with the top muzzle cover in this photo Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: