Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you fine tune the peep sight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hottarod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: How do you fine tune the peep sight? Reply with quote

Windage wise I am dead on but elevation wise the sight is off. The small screw on the front right corner of the flip up piece is bottomed out and I've been unable to find a bit longer screw that is this small. I need to rotate the birds eye up just a tiny bit for the distance and loads that I'm shooting. Its not far enough out to go to the flip up sight. I don't see any way to shim the rear sight either.

Anybody have any ideas?
Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind somewhat of a "kluge" that's completely reversable. I've use "Krazy Glue" to fasten small sections of metal (filed from nails etc.) onto the front sight to lower the point of impact. They stay on for a lot of shooting, depending on how you go about it.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: sight Reply with quote

Don't forget to try the open setting, by flipping the sight up, and sliding the slide out of the way and using the 200 meter setting. You never know. Trey
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That screw is only there to keep the slider from coming off.
hottarod

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered about that screw's actual purpose. I tried the other peep sight and it required me to hold under. With the flip up sight down I have to hold OVER. This is really aggravating but its easier for me to hold under. The other source of confusion was I had 2 different rounds which I shouldn't have been trying while attempting to sort out the sighting at the same time. I had a couple of rounds that had a mind of their own with some questionable ammo. I still managed 1 head shot out of 3 and 12 out of 15 kill shots to the body at 100 yards. Hopefully I will improve with some practice. Now if the rest of my reloading stuff will show up I can afford to go shoot.
Smokey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try cutting a nail about 1/8 in higher that the front sight,filing the side of it flat, then attaching it to the rear of the front sight blade with crazy glue. It actually works pretty well. You take a file and slowly walk the point of impact up (by filing the top of the nail) until the rifle hits where you want it to. The flip up will then hit to the ranges indicated as well. This is completely reversible and does no damage to the rifle at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: