Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

finally i found a cheap nambu!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new sks 2005

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: finally i found a cheap nambu!!! Reply with quote

i finally found a cheap nambu i just bought it a few days ago can anyone tell me about it???
does anyone know where i can find a new safety and magazine for it?? what do you guys think??
heres the link---
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=127809072 Very Happy
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: nambu Reply with quote

Its rough as a corn cob, but it looks like it was cheap, and you'll have as much fun getting it all together as you did finding it. I think Don Schlickman may have safeties, Type-14 should know best where to find a mag. You might be ok with one of the repro mags. From their description though, I'd expect it to be in need of some other pieces though. If you're happy, thats all that matters though. Trey
new sks 2005

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a little rough but im just looking for a shooter. some on another board posted this, so for 100.00 bucks i think i did ok -- Very Happy

heres what they posted-- This pistol is rare. It is a Nagoya (Chigusa) gun dated 6,8 (Aug 1931). It appears the serial number is 6856. Total production of Chigusa 6 dates is ~660 pistols, and in the month of Aug, only about 50 pistols were made. This is near the end of Chigusa factory production which stopped in Nov 1932. But what makes this pistol very rare is that it appears it was never returned to the arsensal for the firing pin and mag safety modifications (or at least not returned for the mag safety addition). Most all early pistols went through reworking to incorporate these changes starting in late 1931 early 1932. There is only a few number of Type 14s reported that are in the original production configuration
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: