Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More reloading stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hottarod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: More reloading stuff Reply with quote

I've been having a blast firing my reloads. I'm loading 51 grains of H4350 with 150 grain spire points. They shoot pretty good. Thing still kicks like a mule and everybody else at the range runs for their ear plugs when I load it up.

My question is how many times can you safely reload the brass before you need to start getting concerned about a catastrophic situation. I see no signs so far but I was contemplating cutting a shell apart near the base where my resizer is doing most of its work so I can see how thin they are. These are Graf's or PPU brass. I noticed that my first resize required a bit of trimming but after the second shot I didn't have to trim nearly as much. I guess they are rapidly running out of stretch. I haven't shot any 3rd's yet.
Smokey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reloading Reply with quote

Boy, there are entire books,forums etc. dedicated to answering your questions.
First off, if you don't use the load for hunting, suggest you back off a bit.
Second, do you full-length resize all the way to die contact, or back off to avoid setting the shoulder back?

I use Lee collet dies, anneal the case necks after about ten loadings, and get long life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: