Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SHORT TYPE 38

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: SHORT TYPE 38 Reply with quote

I have a question for collectors of the type 38 Arisaka as I am new to the collecting field.

I have what appears to be a Koishikawa arsenal type 38 but it is 40.75" over all in length and the barrel is 22.25". The sling attachments are placed on the underside of the stock and the barrel band with bayonet lug is not attached in any way to the end of the stock but I see no obvious modifications to the stock or barrel band. I am not able to scan pictures but would mail to anyone interested in helping identify this rifle.

Any info would be appreciated.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Rifle Reply with quote

BOB, sounds like a T38 Short Rifle, some are Japanese and some are Chinese modifications. You're welcome to contact me about it. Thanks for posting. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: