Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traning machinegun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archj

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: Traning machinegun Reply with quote

Can anyone advise a value of this school traning machine gun thanks
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO but it is extremely cool!!!!!
seinen

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any maker's markings or logos? It looks like a Nambu product.

C/
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: very neat Reply with quote

Those are some of the most interesting weapons. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like that. What a neat find. I don't have a clue at value though.
type-14

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is way to cool! Where did you turn it up from? Sorry can't help on value but I know it's the first one I've seen.
archj

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: traning machinegun Reply with quote

no markings on gun was used as a school tranier and fired blanks. Was a WW2 widow closet find
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: trainer Reply with quote

Type W.M.P. Easterly at dragonsoffire.com. He has a book out on Training MGs. I'd guess $500-$1000 or more. Trey
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really nice & complete - even with the mag! The design is very similar to that of the T-100 SMG. I don't do trainers but that is cool Very Happy
Garandshtr

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting! Where did that come from? I mean, I've not ever seen such a thing in a collection or for sale. I'm also not much of a student of trainers of any sort. What is the philosophy here? The US didn't make a big deal out of trainer-size rifles for kids, so I'm trying to understand what the Japanese were trying to accomplish, aside from the obvious familiarity aspect. Were there scenarios where actual kids would be conscripted into military service?
DEFUC

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martial studies were a integral part of all school ciriculums ,even things like math excercises were based around,military principals,tangents,angles ballistic math,even acctuary calculation..sciences dealt with basic principals in military applications etc,as well as out right ROTC type military training at all levels,which required drill with training weapons.
oopy38

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Traning machinegun Reply with quote

archj wrote:
Can anyone advise a value of this school traning machine gun thanks

Several years ago a training mg parts kit, everything but the receiver, sold for $900 to a Japanese (?) customer on Ebay. I have not seen one since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: