Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kenner LA show report Oct 09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
type-14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Kenner LA show report Oct 09 Reply with quote

Over all a nice show. Prices seem really high though. Standard issue Type-99 nothing special and varnished finished stock no mum etc. $299, mis-match Type-2 $1400, rough Type-38 carbine $499, really rough Type-44 $600, 19.2 Type-14 really nice but mis-match mag and holster for $750. One guy had (and still has) 3 Type-14 mags wanting $150 each, 50 rounds of newly made up 7mm rounds $150, bag with about 25 loose rounds of 8mm $80 and so on. On the plus side found the most beautiful 1st variation Type-44 I have ever seen. This thing is mint inside and out! The straw on all the parts is just as bright as you could want. There is even what appears to be straw on the face of the ejector. The mum is prefect, blue is prefect and the blue on the follower doesn’t look like it had many if any rounds even put in it.

gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: 44 Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun show, that is a real beauty there. If he gets tired of it, I can find a very nice place for it....Thanks for the report! Trey
type-14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you that beauty would have been mine if I hadn't already bought a 4 date Chigusa. Here is what I did spend my money on last week.

gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: gorgeous Reply with quote

That's a fine looking pistol, hard to find too, especially in that condition I'll bet. I might have 2 or 3 in that condition, none that early though. Very nice. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: type 44 Reply with quote

On the type 44, as far as I know, 56870 is the high for a 1st variation housing.
Kavan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the recessed markings in white something that was added later to highlight them or is it original to manufacture process, a lack of natural wear, or both ?

Very nice.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: markings Reply with quote

They are added by 'us' usually with a white grease pen or something similar that won't hurt the finish, makes the markings stand out better.
type-14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use what is called "Tire Chalk" which you can get from any auto parts store. It is really nothing more than a big white crayon. I cover the area with a light coat of oil and then just rub it in. The excess is just wiped off with my oil rag.
rayg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice T44. Best one I remember ever seeing. I had one almost the same condition but a ground Mum, Ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: