Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jinsen Arisaka

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Jinsen Arisaka Reply with quote

I have what appears to be a Jinsen marked Arisaka #80689, numbers on bolt are 689. stock looks to have the "lazy 7" mark. Stock has minor dings, wood buttplate painted black. Would anyone know the value of this rifle?
oldarisaka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would depend drastically on if it's a T-99, T-38, T-38 Carbine, T-44...?
Need a bit more info first.
A few Pictures would probably help the brain-trust. I'm speaking like I belong, I'm gonna disolve now.
jon
Finn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Jinsen Arisaka Reply with quote

It is a type 99. I read the serial number wrong, it is actually #60689. Second barrel band is not the wide type. Front band is pegged, but no grooves, curves over top of rifle. I will try to get some pics of it posted on here.
Thanks
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Jinsen Reply with quote

Finn, welcome to the forum. From the serial number, I'm assuming you have a 40th series Jinsen Type 99 last ditch rifle. As Oldarisaka stated, value is hard to tell without pictures. Regardless, If everything is original, correct (not refinished) and matching, you've probably got a $200-$350 rifle. You didn't mention whether the mum was ground or intact, so I'll assume its ground. Very interesting rifles. When you get a chance, please fill out a datasheet on it and send to me. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for posting! Trey
DEFUC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those messed up jinsen numbers can be hard to read,lots of the 6's look a lot like 8's at first glance.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: jinsen Reply with quote

3's and 8's are murder on Jinsen 99s. I went back through Bobby's one evening to double check numbers and gave up and had several drinks, and remembered why I got so 'toasted' the first time I did datasheets on them...you need a 'wild' imagination to figure out some of the numbers. A last great act of defiance sort of thing by the arsenal workers I guess. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: