Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Ceramic Handgrenade....ooops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Japanese Ceramic Handgrenade....ooops Reply with quote

After receiving certified funds from a gentleman west of the Mississippi, the Banzai Bomber was committed to a retaliatory strike at Ronin48, under the guise of search for a chicken bone in a ceramic hand grenade, said item was accidentally dropped off a 10 foot ladder onto a concrete floor in plain view of the current owner. Here are the results:

DEFUC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: grenade Reply with quote

It did gives us an idea for a semi-scientific experiment. We're going to buy two more and have them cross-sectioned for display. Unfortunately this one was one of the harder to find brown ones. The ones we have in mind are at an upcoming show, about $50 each with various chips. Trey
ronin48

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very little truth to the Moderator's tall tale. Made the mistake, when he asked why the hole in the top, I told him that's how the chicken got in for the night. Next thing I know he's banging on it with a hammer to see the chicken, and it wasn't even home!

But all is not llost, will be displayed as 'Typical fragmentation pattern of a ceramic g'nade.' (will leave out the chicken part.)
DEFUC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can always sell it on ebay as a gen-you-whine battle used grenade..from IWO JIMA...found in the vacinity of Gen Kuribuyashis last stand...dust it with black volcanic sand and start the bids at $500 this weekend after FOF opens.
type-14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Japanese Ceramic Handgrenade....ooops Reply with quote

I know he doesn’t need any encouragement but his idea for a display of 'Typical fragmentation pattern of a ceramic g'nade has some merit. Also, he can say that in order to get the proper desperation pattern, he had it dropped from that 10 foot ladder to simulate the 3.5 oz of Type-88 explosive material that was normally used in them. Keep me posted on your quest for an example that you want to cross-section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: