Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hopalong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: My Collection Reply with quote

Here's a couple pictures of what my Japanese Collection looked like I tried lightening the pictures but they still came out dark so if you have the Photoshop Program you can lighten them or even make them clearer. FYI the Japanese display heads you see in the pictures, in the beginning, were plain white styrofoam wig heads that had slanted eyes and that you'd find at a garage sale and a collector friend of mine whos name is Dave Holly from Oregon, at the time, years ago, air brushed them and they came out looking Japanese and made a great looking and inexpensive Japanese display head for my Japanese Infantry Helmets and my Japanese Navy Flight Helmets. Mike

gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: collection Reply with quote

Mike, very nice stuff, never considered airbrushing the 'noggins' for a more realistic look. Learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing. Trey
Hopalong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: collection Reply with quote

gwsiii wrote:
Mike, very nice stuff, never considered airbrushing the 'noggins' for a more realistic look. Learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing. Trey

Trey, thanks for the compliment and I'm sure there's still alot of the styrofoam wigs heads out there for sale for usually a dollar or less. Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: